AD-AWARE PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
Note: The Ad-Aware program will remove “spyware” from your computer which tracks where you go on the Internet and sends this information to marketers. This can slow down your computer, result in many annoying pop-up ads, disable your Internet access, and/or prevent your computer from starting up and/or shutting down properly. Spyware is usually surreptitiously installed on your computer when you download and install “free” programs, such as the KaZaa music-downloading program.
Here are some examples of spyware:
BDE (Brilliant Digital)
POP (People On Page)
1) Type in www.lavasoft.com in the Address box of your browser, then press the Enter key.
2) Click on Ad-Aware Personal.
3) Click on Download Now.
4) Click on Download Now.
5) Click on Run. Click on Run.
6) Click on Install.
7) Click on Next.
8) Click on Next.
9) Click on Finish.
TO RUN THE AD-AWARE PROGRAM:
1) Double-click on the Ad-Aware program icon on the “desktop” (or click on Start, then on All Programs, then on Lavasoft Ad-Aware..., then on Ad-Aware).
[2) If the Ad-Aware program asks you if you would like to check for updates, click on OK. Click on Connect. Click on OK. Click on Finish.]
3) Click on the Scan Now or Start button.
4) Click on the Next button.
5) Wait a few minutes for the Ad-Aware program to scan your computer.
6) When it says, “Scan Complete,” click on the Next button.
7) Right-click on any one item in the Found Spyware list, then click on Select All Objects.
8) Click on the Next button to remove the selected (checked) components.
9) Click on OK at the prompt, "X objects will be removed. Continue?"
10) Click on the X (Close) button.