TO CHANGE THE AREA CODE FOR YOUR COMPUTER
1) Click on Start, then on Settings, then on Control Panel.
2) Double-click on the Modem icon.
3) Click on the Dialing Properties button.
4) Click and drag over the existing area code (for example, 619) and type in the new area code (for example, 858) then click on OK.
TO ADD THE AREA CODE TO AOL'S LOCAL ACCESS NUMBERS
1) On the America Online "Sign On" screen, click on the Setup button.
2) Click on the Expert Setup button.
3) Click on the Locations tab.
4) Click on the line with a phone number (e.g., "308-9300 San Diego, CA (V90/X2)") and then click on the Edit button (the far right button).
5) Next to "Edit number here:", add 1-619- to the left of the number that is there (e.g., 1-619-308-9300 [as long as the number is in the 619 area code area].)
6) Click on OK.
7) Do the same for the second local access number listed and click on OK.
8) Click on Close.