TURNING THE COMPUTER ON & OFF (BASIC INSTRUCTIONS)
for, for example, a Dell desktop computer
To turn ON the computer:
1) Push the button on the monitor to turn the monitor ON. If the amber light is ON, then the monitor is already ON.
2) Press the center silver button on the front of the computer (tower).
3) Wait a few moments for the computer to turn ON.
4) Wait until the hourglass next to the mouse pointer goes completely away before you double-click on any icon on the “desktop.”
To turn OFF the computer:
1) Click on Start, then on Turn Off Computer.
2) Click on the red Turn Off button.
3) Wait a few moments for the computer to turn OFF. The green light on the tower should go OFF.
4) Push the button on the monitor to turn the monitor OFF. The amber light should go OFF.