TO COPY A FILE FROM A CD TO YOUR HARD DISK
1) Insert the CD disk into the CD-ROM Drive on your computer with the label up and the shiny-side down.
2) If a window appears on the screen asking you if you want to:
Play an audio CD
Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer
Take no action, etc.,
click on Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
[3) If you don’t see the above window, then right-click on the Start button, then click on Explore. Then click on the D: Drive icon (or whatever drive letter your CD-ROM Drive is).]
4) Click on the Restore Down button, which is to the left of the X or Close button, if you cannot see the surrounding “desktop.”
5) Click & drag the icon for the file to the surrounding desktop.
6) Wait a few moments for the computer to copy the file to the desktop.
7) Double-click on the file to open the file.
8) Make changes to the file, then click on File, and then on Save to save the changes.