DISK CLEANUP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Double-click on the My Computer icon on the
2) Right-click on the C: Drive icon.
3) Click on Properties.
4) Click on the Disk Cleanup button.
5) Click to put a check mark next to:
üTemporary Internet Files - if there are more than zero kilobytes of files;
üDownloaded Program Files - if there are more than zero kilobytes of files. (These are small "ActiveX" and Java programs that you get from the Internet);
üRecycle Bin - ditto - open the Recycle Bin and see if there is anything there that you may need. (If there is, click on its icon, then click on File and Restore.);
üTemporary Files - ditto - ditto (these files are in the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP folder).
Occasionally, an important file, such as a Microsoft Word temp document file that you may want to keep, finds its way into the TEMP folder, so you may want to look in this folder first before running the Disk Cleanup program.
6) Click on OK.
7) Click on Yes.
8) Click on OK to close the Disk Cleanup program.