TO DISABLE THE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS AUTOPROTECT PROGRAM
1) Repeat the steps in the section below, entitled "TO RE-ENABLE THE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS AUTOPROTECT," but instead of putting the check mark in the box, take the check mark out.
2) Then right-click on the tiny Norton Anti-Virus icon in the System Tray (next to the clock) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, then click on Disable Auto-Protect with the left mouse button.
3) You can then install a new program. (Be sure to turn off the screensaver, too, by right-clicking on the desktop anywhere there isn't an icon, then clicking on Properties, then on the Screensaver tab. Click on the Down Arrow next to Screensaver, and then click on None.)
TO RE-ENABLE THE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS AUTOPROTECT
1) Open the Norton Anti-Virus program by double-clicking on its icon on the desktop.
2) Click on the Options button.
3) Click on the Auto-Protect tab.
4) Click into the small white box next to: ü Load Auto-Protect at startup to put a check mark into it.
5) Click on OK.
6) Click on the Exit button.
When you next start up the computer, you should see the Norton AutoProtect notice pop up on the screen.