TO CHANGE THE MARGINS:
1) Click on File, then on Page Setup.
2) Click to change the Top, Bottom, Left, and Right Margins with the tiny Up and Down Arrow buttons next to each, or type in the values.
The default values for the margins are:
Top: 1” Bottom: 1”
Left: 1.25” Right: 1.25”
3) Be sure that it says, “Whole Document” next to Apply to:.
4) Click on the Default… button in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
5) Click on Yes.
6) All new blank documents (and the document you have open now, if any) will have the new settings that you’ve just set.