NORTON ANTISPAM INSTRUCTIONS
A THREE STEP PROCESS:
STEP 1 – Identify spam messages in the Inbox
1) Click once on the spam e-mail message in the Inbox.
2) Click on the This is Spam button at the top of the Outlook window. Wait a few seconds for the message to be transferred to the Norton AntiSpam Folder and for the spammer’s e-mail address to go into the Blocked [Senders] List.
3) If a window pops up asking you if you want to put this sender in the Blocked List, do the following:
1) Click to put a check mark next to: ¤ Always do the selected action (or words to that effect).
2) Click on Yes or OK.
Tip: To select more than one spam message:
1) Hold down the Ctrl key.
2) Click once on each spam message.
3) Release the Ctrl key.
4) Click on the This is Spam button. Wait about 5-15 seconds for the messages to be transferred to the Norton AntiSpam Folder and for the spammers’ e-mail addresses to go into the Blocked [Senders] List.
STEP 2 – Delete messages from the Norton AntiSpam Folder
Note: Periodically, you should click on the Norton AntiSpam Folder on the left, then scroll through the messages on the right to see if there are any messages you want to keep. If there are, click once on the message, then on the This is not Spam button at the top of the window. This will move the message back into the Inbox and stop blocking that person’s e-mail.
1) Click on the Empty Spam Folder button at the top of the Outlook window.
2) Wait a few moments for the messages to be removed from the Norton AntiSpam Folder and transferred to the Deleted Items Folder.
STEP 3 – Empty the Deleted Items Folder
Note: Scroll through the messages in the Deleted Items Folder first to see if there are any messages you want to keep.
1) Right-click on the Deleted Items folder on the left.
2) Click on Empty ‘Deleted Items’ Folder.
3) Click on Yes.