NORTON ANTISPAM INSTRUCTIONS
(OUTLOOK EXPRESS VERSION)
A THREE STEP PROCESS:
STEP 1 – Identify spam messages in the Inbox
1) Click once on the spam e-mail message.
2) Click on the Norton AntiSpam button at the top.
3) Click on This is Spam. Wait about 5-10 seconds for the message to be transferred to the Norton AntiSpam Folder and for the spammer’s e-mail address to go into the Blocked [Senders] List.
Tip: To select more than one spam message:
1) Hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
2) Click once on each spam message.
3) Release the Ctrl key.
4) Click on the Norton AntiSpam button.
5) Click on This is Spam. Wait about 5-15 seconds for the messages to be transferred to the Norton AntiSpam Folder and for the spammers’ e-mail addresses to go into the Blocked [Senders] List.
STEP 2 – Delete messages from the Norton AntiSpam Folder
Note: Periodically, you should click on the Norton AntiSpam Folder on the left, then scroll through the messages on the right to see if there are any messages you want to keep. (If you cannot see the Norton AntiSpam Folder, click on View, then on Layout, then click to put a check mark next to: ü Folder List. Click on OK.) If there are messages you want to keep, click once on the message, then on the Norton AntiSpam button, then on This is not Spam. (This will move the message back into the Inbox and stop blocking that person’s e-mail.)
1) Click on the Norton AntiSpam button.
2) Click on Empty the Spam Folder.
3) Wait a few moments for the messages to be removed from the Norton AntiSpam Folder and be transferred to the Deleted Items Folder.
STEP 3 – Empty the Deleted Items Folder
Note: You may want to scroll through the messages in the Deleted Items Folder first to see if there are any messages you want to keep before you do this step. If there are messages you want to keep, click & drag them to the Inbox or to another folder.
1) Click on Edit, then on Empty ‘Deleted Items’ Folder.
2) Click on Yes.