BASIC MICROSOFT OUTLOOK INSTRUCTIONS
TO ADD A NEW CONTACT TO YOUR CONTACT LIST:
1) Click on the Contacts folder or button.
2) Click on the New button.
3) Type in the new contact’s full name, company name, business phone number, home phone number, fax number, address, e-mail address and so on. (Use the Tab key on the keyboard to move from box to box.)
4) If the address you typed in is the new contact's mailing address, click to put a check mark next to: ü This is the mailing address.
5) Click on Save and Close.
TO SEARCH FOR A CONTACT:
1) Click into the white box next to the Address Book button.
2) Type in either the first name (if it is unique) or the last name, then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
3) If there is more than one contact with that first or last name, you will see a short list of these contacts. Double-click on the one you want.
TO PRINT OUT YOUR ADDRESS BOOK:
1) Click on the Print Preview button. (This button has a picture of a magnifying glass on a piece of paper.)
2) If you want to change the type or size of paper, click on the Page Setup… button.
3) Click on the Paper tab.
4) Under “Type:”, scroll up or down and click on the type of paper you want: “Letter size – 8 ½ X 11 in.,” “Avery L7901” (a type of address book insert), “FiloFax” (another type of address book insert), or whatever. (Under “Size:,” you can also select other types of address book inserts.)
5) If you want to change the font or typeface of the text in your printout, click on the Format tab, then click on the Font button next to “Headings” to change the font for the headings. Click on the Font button next to “Body” to change the font in the body of the address book printouts.
6) Under “Number of Columns:,” click on the Down Arrow and select a smaller number of columns (or a smaller font size) if you get an error message that says, “The number of columns selected will not fit on the page…”
7) Click on the OK button when you are finished with the Page Setup. Click on Print.
TO MODIFY AN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR NAME:
1) Click on the Contacts folder or button on the left hand-side of the window.
2) Scroll sideways with the Left and Right Arrow buttons, or do a search (see above) to find the name you want to modify.
3) Double-click on the name.
To modify the contact’s e-mail address:
1) Click on the Address Book button next to the e-mail address.
2) Scroll down and click on the name, then on the Properties button.
3) Click on the Name tab.
4) Click on the e-mail address you want to modify, then click on Edit.
5) Type in the changes.
6) Click on OK. Click on OK.
7) Click on Save and Close.
To modify the person’s name:
1) Double-click on the contact whose name you want to modify.
2) Click on the text of the person’s name to put the blinking (flashing) cursor there.
3) Type in the corrections.
4) Click on Save and Close.
TO DELETE A CONTACT:
1) Click once on the contact.
2) Click on the button at the top that has a big “X” written on it.
TO SEND AN E-MAIL MESSAGE TO THE CONTACT:
1) Click on the tiny Down Arrow next to the New button.
2) Click on Mail Message.
3) Click on the To… button. This will bring up your Contacts list.
4) Click on the name you want.
5) Click on the To-> button.
6) Click on the OK button.
7) Type the subject and the message in the appropriate boxes.
8) Click on Send.