PLANTRONICS DISCOVERY 655/665 BLUETOOTH CORDLESS HEADSET (for a Cellphone)
TO TURN ON THE HEADSET:
1) Press and hold the Call Control button, which is the main rectangular silver button on the top side of the Plantronics headset, for at least 2 seconds, or until the blue LED around the button flashes.
The Call Control button:
TO TURN OFF THE HEADSET:
1) Press and hold the Call Control button for at least 7 seconds.
2) The blue LED should go out and stay out. (Normally, when the headset is ON, it flashes every 5 seconds or so.)
TO ANSWER A CALL:
1) Briefly press the Call Control button. There may be a slight delay before the call is transferred from the cellphone to the Plantronics headset.
TO HANG UP:
1) Briefly press the Call Control button.
TO INCREASE/DECREASE THE VOLUME:
1) Press the rubberized Up Arrow button, which is just below the Call Control button, to increase the volume, or press the rubberized Down Arrow button below that to decrease the volume.
TO MUTE THE MICROPHONE & SPEAKER ON THE PLANTRONICS:
1) Press both Up and Down Arrow buttons simultaneously and hold them in until you hear a “beep.”
TO CHARGE THE PLANTRONICS:
Note: A minimal charge takes 1 hour; a full charge takes about 3 hours. The amount of charge is indicated by red flashes that occur right after you turn the headset ON:
3 red flashes = fully charged
2 red flashes = moderate charge
1 red flash = low charge
THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO CHARGE THE PLANTRONICS (plus the optional Car Cigarette Lighter Charger, which we won’t discuss here):
METHOD 1 – The AC Adapter
1) Plug the AC charger into a Surge Protector or the AC outlet.
2) Plug the tiny button-like connector into the bottom of the Plantronics Charging Pocket. The Plantronics headset should vibrate and flash red once.
Note: The Plantronics Charging Pocket is the sleeve-like silver and black holder with a shirt-pocket clip on it.
METHOD 2 – The AAA Battery Charger
1) Twist the bottom of the AAA Battery Charger counter-clockwise to release the internal battery holder.
2) Insert a regular AAA-size battery into the internal battery holder.
3) Insert the internal battery holder back into the main body of the AAA Battery Charger. Twist the bottom clockwise to lock it in place.
4) Snap the AAA Battery Charger onto the bottom of the Charging Pocket.
5) Insert the Plantronics headset into the Charging Pocket.
METHOD 3 – The USB Charging Cable
1) Plug the regular USB connector end of the USB cable into a free USB port on your laptop or desktop computer.
2) Plug the mini-USB connector on the other end into the bottom of the adapter, which then plugs into the bottom of the Charging Pocket.
TO SET UP THE BLUETOOTH CONNECTION BETWEEN THE PLANTRONICS AND YOUR CELLPHONE:
Note: The procedure to link the Plantronics Bluetooth headset varies with the brand of cellphone. We will use the Motorola RAZR V3m cellphone for these instructions.
On the Plantronics headset:
1) Press and hold the Call Control button for at least 10 seconds. The LED will alternately blink red and blue for 120 seconds, which is how long you have to complete the linking process.
On the Motorola RAZR V3m Cellphone:
1) Press the center Menu button in the Circle of Arrow Buttons on the Motorola cellphone.
2) Press the Right Arrow part twice until Settings & Tools appears on the LCD display.
3) Press the Down Arrow part until 8. Connections is highlighted.
4) Press the OK button (the center button in the Circle of Arrow buttons).
5) Press the Down Arrow part until 2. Bluetooth is highlighted.
6) Press the OK button.
7) Press the Select key (the upper right “Soft” key).
8) You should see “[Look for Devices]” appear on the LCD display.
9) Press the Select key.
10) You should see “Discoverable” on the LCD display.
11) You should see “Scanning…” appear on the LCD display of the cellphone, and then, eventually, “6xxPlantronics.”
12) You can then press the red Call End button to go back to the main menu.
13) The next time you bring the Plantronics within the range of the cellphone, it should say, “Bond with 6xxPlantronics ?...” on the LCD display of the cellphone.
14) Press the Yes key (the upper-right “Soft” key).