TO MAKE THE TEXT ON A SLIDE FLY IN FROM THE RIGHT OR LEFT, ETC. (MICROSOFT POWERPOINT XP/2003):
1) Open the slide and click & drag over the text to highlight it.
2) Click on Slide Show at the top of the window, then on Custom Animation.
3) Click on the Down Arrow next to Add Effect, then click on Entrance.
4) Click on 5. Fly In.
5) Click on OK.
6) To change any one line of text, click on the corresponding line on the right in the box under Custom Animation.
7) Click on the Down Arrow next to Start: , then click on On Click (to make the effect occur when you click the mouse).
8) Click on the Down Arrow next to Direction: , then click on From Right (or whatever direction you desire).
9) Click on the Down Arrow next to Speed: , then click on the speed you want the text to fly in, such as Fast or Very Fast.
10) To preview the effect, click on the Play button at the bottom of the screen.
11) Be sure to click on File, then on Save periodically to save the changes you have made to your file.
12) To view the entire slide show, click on Slide Show, then on View Show. Click the left mouse button to bring in each line of text and also to proceed to the next slide. To exit the slide show at any time, press the Esc key on the keyboard.