TO CHANGE THE SCREEN RESOLUTION ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Note: Changing the screen resolution changes the size of the icons, text, buttons, etc. on the monitor.
1) Right-click on the “desktop” anywhere there is no icon.
2) Click on Properties.
3) Click on the Settings tab.
4) Click & drag the slider under Screen resolution to the left (“Less”) to make the icons and buttons larger, or to the right (“More”) to make the icons and buttons smaller.
Note: The optimum resolution for our eyes (not the monitor’s optimum resolution) on a 19” or 20” LCD monitor is 1280 X 1024 pixels, but this is our personal preference. You may like the icons and text on the screen to be smaller (and sharper, in most cases). If so, change the resolution to 1600 X 1200 (or equivalent). If you want to make everything larger, try 800 X 600 pixels.
5) Click on OK. Wait a few moments for the resolution to change.
6) Click on OK on the little window that asks if you want to save the change in screen resolution.
[7) Restart the computer if it tells you that you need to do so.]