SONY ERICSSON HBH-PV705 BLUETOOTH HEADSET INSTRUCTIONS
I. TO TURN THE SONY ERICSSON ON:
1) Hold down the Call Handling button on the front part of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV705 for at least 5 seconds. Release the Call Handling button when you see the green light on the Sony Ericsson blink once. (The green light should then blink once every 3 seconds while the headset is ON.)
Note: The tiny Bluetooth logo on the LCD display of your cell phone will appear. (The Bluetooth logo will show as tiny blue lines on a white background when the Sony Ericsson headset is ON.)
The Bluetooth logo:
Note 2: If the Bluetooth logo doesn’t appear, try pressing the Call Handling button briefly once. If it still doesn’t appear, you may need to set up the connection between the Sony Ericsson and your cell phone again. (See the manual for instructions on how to do this, or see the bottom for instructions on how to do this on a Motorola RAZR cell phone.)
2) To answer a call, briefly press the Call Handling button once.
3) To make a call, you normally don’t have to press the Call Handling button on the Sony Ericsson. Dial the number, then press the green button on the cell phone (or use one of the Quick Dial buttons). The Sony Ericsson should automatically come ON and beep quietly once to let you know it is connected and ready to take over the call.
II. TO TURN THE SONY ERICSSON OFF:
1) Hold down the Call Handling button on the front part of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV705 for at least 5 seconds. You should then see the green light on the Sony Ericsson blink once, then turn OFF and stay OFF.
III. TO SET UP THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE SONY ERICSSON HBH-PV705 AND YOUR MOTOROLA RAZR CELL PHONE:
1) Turn the Sony Ericsson ON (see section I above).
2) Hold down both ends of the Volume Up/Down button on the side of the Sony Ericsson for at least 5-8 seconds. You should then see alternating blinking red and green lights. (The headset is now “discoverable” by your cell phone.)
3) Open the cell phone, turn it ON, then do the following:
1) Press the Menu button (which is also the OK button in the center).
2) Press the Right Arrow part of the Ring of Arrow buttons twice until “Settings & Tools” appears on the LCD display.
3) Press the Down Arrow part of the Ring of Arrow buttons seven times until “8. Connections” is highlighted. Press the OK button (the center button).
4) Press the Down Arrow part of the Ring of Arrow buttons once until “Bluetooth” is highlighted. Press the OK button.
5) You should see “Handsfree” highlighted. Press the Select key (the upper right-hand key).
6) “[Look for devices]” on the LCD display should be highlighted. Press the OK button.
Note: If “HBH-PV705” appears on the LCD display, highlight it and press the OK button.
7) You should then see “Devices Found: 1” after a while. Press the OK button.
8) You should see “Seeking….” on the LCD display on the cell phone.
9) After a few moments, “HBH-PV705” should appear on the display.
[10) You may see “Enter Bluetooth PIN #” if this is the first time you have tried to bond the Sony Ericsson with your cell phone.
11) Type “0000” (without the quote marks), then press the OK button.]
12) Your cell phone should then be connected to the Sony Ericsson headset, and you should see the tiny Bluetooth logo in the lower right-hand part of the LCD display.
IV. TO RECHARGE THE SONY ERICSSON HEADSET:
1) When the light on the Sony Ericsson headset blinks red, it’s time to recharge the headset.
2) Insert the tiny plug into the top hole on the headset. (It will only go in one way.)
3) Plug the AC plug on the other end of the cord into an AC wall outlet.
4) Charge the headset for at least 2 ½ hours (or 8 hours, if this is the first time you are charging the headset). You can leave the charger connected for longer than that; it won’t damage the battery in the headset, but it’s best to unplug it as soon as possible.
5) When the solid red light on the headset turns green, the headset battery is fully charged.
6) Remove the charger cord from the top of the headset.
7) Unplug the AC charger from the AC wall outlet (to save electricity and carbon emissions).
[8) Press the Call Handling button once to re-establish a connection between the Sony Ericsson headset and your cell phone if you don’t see the Bluetooth icon on the LCD display on the phone.]