BASIC TURN ON & TURN OFF INSTRUCTIONS
TO TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON:
1) Press the Power button on the base or side of the laptop or on the front of the tower (computer).
2) Press the Power button on the LCD or CRT monitor, if this is a desktop computer.
[3) Type your password in the Password box, then press the Enter key on the keyboard.]
4) Wait a few moments until the desktop appears on the screen.
Note: Wait until the spinning blue ring next to the mouse pointer disappears before you double-click on any icon on the desktop.
TO TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF:
1) Click on the round Start button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. (This button has the familiar red, green, blue and yellow Windows logo, but no longer says, “Start” on it unless you move the mouse pointer onto the button.)
2) Click on the Right Arrow button 4 at the lower right of the Start menu.
3) Click on Shut Down.
Tip: Turn the computer completely OFF at least once a week, unless this computer is a “server,” which stores files on it that are accessible from other computers in the home or office. Turning the computer OFF will flush out the RAM (memory chips) and purge it of any problems accumulated over time that might eventually cause your computer to crash or freeze.
4) Press the Power button on the LCD or CRT monitor to turn OFF the monitor.