MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Firefox is preferred by some users because it is generally more secure than Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, some web pages cannot be viewed with Firefox because they are customized to be viewed with Internet Explorer.
TO ACCESS A WEB SITE:
1) Type the address of the web site you want to go to in the Address box, such as http://www.nytimes.com or just nytimes.com or even just nytimes .
2) Click on the Go button to the right, or press the Enter key on the keyboard.
TO GO BACK TO A PREVIOUS WEB PAGE:
1) Click on the Back button (the green Left Arrow button ï) at the top left of the window.
TO GO FORWARD TO A WEB PAGE:
Note: Use the Forward button to go “forward” to the original web page you were viewing (i.e., the web page you were on before you clicked on the Back button).
1) Click on the Forward button (the green Right Arrow button ð ) at the top of the window.
TO REFRESH A WEB PAGE IF IT ONLY PARTIALLY APPEARS OR DOESN’T APPEAR AT ALL:
1) Click on the blue Refresh button (it has two blue curved arrows arranged in a sort of yin-yang pattern).
TO ADD A WEB SITE TO YOUR BOOKMARKS:
1) Type in the address of the web site you want to add to your Bookmarks, for example, http://www.nytimes.com or just nytimes.com .
2) To add this web site to your Bookmarks List, click on Bookmarks, then on Bookmark This Page…
3) Click on the tiny Down Arrow button to the far right (to the right of the larger Down Arrow button, which is just to the right of the Create in: box). This will expose all of your Bookmark folders.
4) Click on the folder where you want to store this Bookmark, such as the Bookmarks folder, which is the general Bookmarks folder.
You can also click on the From Internet Explorer folder if you want to add this Bookmark to the Bookmarks (actually, Favorites) imported from Internet Explorer. (See below for how to import the Favorites.)
5) Type in a shorter name for the Bookmark, for example, NYTimes. (It is best to keep this title as short as possible.)
6) Click on OK.
TO ADD A WEB SITE TO YOUR BOOKMARKS TOOLBAR:
1) Type in the address of the web site you want to add to your Bookmarks.
2) To add this web site to your Bookmarks Toolbar, which is under the Address box at the top of the window, click & drag the icon that appears just to the left of the http:// part of the web site address down to the Bookmarks Toolbar below.
3) To rename a Bookmark, right-click on it, then click on Properties. Type in a shorter name, then click on OK.
TO DELETE A BOOKMARK:
1) Right-click on the Bookmark.
2) Click on Delete.
TO IMPORT YOUR BOOKMARKS (FAVORITES) FROM INTERNET EXPLORER:
1) Click on File, then on Import.
2) Be sure there is a black dot next to: ¤ Microsoft Internet Explorer.
3) Click on Next> .
4) Click on Next> .
5) Wait a few moments for the Bookmarks (Favorites) to be imported into Firefox.
6) Click on Finish.
TO USE A BOOKMARK:
1) Click on Bookmarks, then on the Bookmark you want (or click on the From Internet Explorer folder, then on the Bookmark that was imported from your Favorites in Internet Explorer).
TO OPEN MULTIPLE WEB SITES USING “TABS”:
Note: Tabs are a fast way to go from one open web page to another. Each open web page will have a tab at the top of the web page.
1) Right-click on a Bookmark, then click on Open in New Tab.
TO CLOSE A TAB:
1) Right-click on any tab, then click on Close Tab.
TO CHANGE YOUR HOME PAGE:
1) Click on Tools, then on Options.
2) Click on the General button at the upper left.
3) Under Home Page, type in the address of your desired home page, such as http://www.nytimes.com and then click on OK.
TO IMMEDIATELY GO TO YOUR HOME PAGE:
1) Click on the Home button at the top of the window. (It has a picture of a house on it.)