LINKSYS WIRELESS CONFIGURATION UTILITY
(Simplified instructions for your laptop or desktop)
1) Double-click on the icon near the time that looks like a green, gray or bluish-gray square with tiny curved lines in it. (This is the Linksys Wireless Configuration Utility.)
2) Click on the Link Information tab, if you aren't already on the Link Information window.
3) If you see "No association with access point [i.e., your Linksys or other Wireless Router or Access Point]" and no green bars in the Signal Strength and Link Quality boxes, then continue with the following steps.
4) Click on the Site Survey tab.
5) You will then see a list of the wireless networks available in your area. Click on the name of your wireless network (and not your neighbors!), such as mynetwork or linksys. (If your wireless network name is linksys, you should change it using the Linksys Wireless Router Setup program.)
6) Click on the Connect button.
7) Click on the Down Arrow next to the Security: box and then click on WPA Personal (or whatever the type of encryption you are using is; this can be changed using the Wireless Router Setup program).
8) Click on the Down Arrow next to the Encryption: box, and then click on TKIP (or AES, if that's what you set up your Wireless Router to use).
9) Type the password you chose when you set up your Wireless Router in the Passphrase: box.
10) Click on the Connect button.
11) Click on Connect to network.
12) You should then see, "You are connected to the access point [i.e., the Wireless Router] but the Internet cannot be found." in the middle of the window.
13) Wait a few seconds (or up to a minute). You should see, "You are connected to the access point and the Internet."
14) If you don't see the above message even after waiting a few minutes, you should go back into the Wireless Router Setup program to see what settings you have and change any that need to be changed.